Lok Sabha TV, a channel associated with the lower house of the Indian parliament (Lok Sabha) aired a programme on domaining on August 8th, 2016. The name of the show is India Speaks and is hosted by Mr. Anurag Punetha. The participants were:
1. Mr. Dima Beitzke (CFO – SEDO)
2. Ms. Sophie Pieck (Country Manager of France / Italy / India – SEDO)
3. Mr. Paul Singh (Paul.IN)
4. Mr. Aishwin Vikhona (UIX.COM
5. Mr. Gaurav Kohli (President – DNOAi)
6. Mr. Pankaj Vijayvargiya (CEO – Bitlevel International)
The format of the show more a question answer session type where the host would ask questions on a subject and this occasion it was about state of domaining in India. ALSO NOTE THAT MOST OF THE SHOW IS IN HINDI.
Here are the questions asked during the show:
- Introduces the members.
- What is the need of a conference ? Question asked to Gaurav Kohli.
- How big is the domain market ? And how big is the Indian domain market ?
- Question to Paul about being in US and interested in .in domains ?
- What goes into the decision making of investing in a particular TLD?
- Question to Pankaj talks about the his portfolio size
- Aishwin talks about how he got into domaining.
- Anurag asks if he had to get a name for himself, would he get AP.COM or AnuragPunetha.COM ?
- Question what are the differences between Chinese and Indian market in terms of short domains?
- At what point is the growth of Indian domain market?
- Are easily pronounceable names good investment option ?
- How do you go about registering .in names ?
- There are many associated cottage industries catering to domains, why is SEDO doing so well?
- How does some domain investor start getting into the domain business?
- Are there any risk associated with domaining in India?
- What is the ROI can a domain investor expect?
- Are there big sales taking place in recent times or are they rare ?
- Question to Aishwin about his book — “Sell Domains Fast” ?
- What companies should one use for transactions ?
- Question to Indy about despite being in US, why is is interested in Indian extensions? (I know it is repeated)
- Question to Pankaj about advise on domaining?
- Are there are various news sites about domaining?
- Talk about DomainX conference
- What are the changes taken place in the last 4-5 years that changed Indian’s knowledge / curiosity about domains?
- Question to SEDO about any advise that they would like to give to Indian domain buyers?
- Another question to SEDO about what kind of questions do Indians generally ask?
- Question to Paul about his blog?
- Is .COM done and dusted?
- Last major question to Pankaj if he intends to keep investing in domains ?
You can see the full program here with answers: